Let’s be honest, no one wants to spend the money to replace their home windows. We all love new things and most of us would have to admit that an upgrade to our homes would be wonderful—as long as someone else pays for it. It’s no wonder why most budget-conscious residents here, would rather know exactly when replacement windows in Honolulu, HI is needed.
We can help you with that. Our professionals here at Discount Windows & Doors want to help you spend your hard-earned income wisely and in a timely manner. Why? Because an unnecessary or unaffordable renovation is not a satisfying one… And our goal to have happy clients. Together, we have created this guide to help you know when it’s time to call us. Some of these “failing window” signs you may know (but a reminder is always helpful) and some you may not…
Replacement is needed when:
If any of the below is applicable, give our team a call.
- Broken glass or frames. Yes, this sounds obvious. No, not everyone believes this to be true. The fact of the matter is that brokenness requires repairs or replacement because safety is compromised. Intruders can enter your home more easily; pests can, too. Operability is probably compromised, which can mean it’s only a matter of time before someone is injured while opening or closing a window.
- Frames are warped. This is less of a safety issue, but still could be. A warped frame allows air to escape, which affects your utility bill and pest control. Not fun.
- Rotting frames. Same issues as above. Plus, no one wants a termite problem.
- Preparing to sell. This is objective; however, brand new, high-quality windows are one of the top features homebuyers desire. Replacement windows could mean tens of thousands of dollars more in profit on your home.
- Unsightly windows. This certainly depends on you and your current priorities. Often times, we work with homeowners who’ve moved into an older home that’s “perfect…” except for its windows. We also work with residents who are in the home-flipping business and know precisely how important new windows are to homebuyers.
- Rising utility bills. Your air conditioning and heating bills should be pretty consistent from year to year. If you have recently noticed a spike—gradual or drastic—your windows could be to blame. There could be need for a simple seal replacement, or there could be a hidden break, rot, warp, etc causing the conditioned air to leak outdoors. Remember: new, high-quality windows also support your HVAC lifespan.
Do any of these warning signs apply to you and your home? Not sure? We’d be happy to help you figure it out. Anytime you want to peruse our showroom and ask questions of our professional staff, you’re welcome. At Discount Windows & Doors, your satisfaction is our goal!
Discount Windows & Doors | 45-564 Kamehameha Hwy, Unit A1 | Kaneohe, HI | (808) 673-6656